Use your sales skills and refrigerated truck and trailer connections to lead the pack in the Southern California, West Coast market.
The Truck and Trailer Territory Manager (TM) is responsible for the retention and growth of currently assigned accounts in the specified region. The Territory Manager is also responsible for cultivating new customers in under-served markets; prospecting regional fleets and end-user accounts, and developing new market areas. The Territory Manager holds a position to capture revenue growth, enhanced profitability and increased customer satisfaction and loyalty stimulating repeat procurement of our products. This critical position will be required to interface extensively with customer service, operations and the entire Safe Fleet leadership team. The Territory Manager, reporting to the Director of Sales, will primarily support Safe Fleet Truck and Trailer.
It is important that the Safe Fleet brand image is carried out through all duties and responsibilities. We are a company that enhances the safety and productivity of drivers, passengers and pedestrians.
Our vision is to build the leading global provider of safety solutions for fleet vehicles.
We develop, manufacture and sell best in class high performance safety related products. Our products provide increased functionality and integrated solutions for fleet vehicle manufacturers and operators.
We target markets with increasing demand for operator, passenger and pedestrian safety.
We must strive for pioneering attitude and a focused commitment to innovation in all we do.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and continuously refine a revenue forecast and sales funnel pipeline via Salesforce.com for the territory; to support business unit forecasting and the Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process.
- A hunter and cultivator of sales opportunities with end-users and regional fleets.
- Communicating and working with Engineering to develop custom product solutions that isolate the competition from specification compliance.
- Cultivating sales opportunities beyond the current portfolio by identifying and assisting in the creation of vocational solutions that are attractive to the end-user.
- Generating ideas to improve internal and external processes to achieve higher performance in safety, quality, delivery, or cost for internal resources or the external customer.
- Balancing customer requests versus internal capabilities to ensure that unreasonable expectations for cost, lead-time, etc. are not promised to the customer.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the competitive landscape, including product offerings, locations, marketing messages, services, etc. and communicate competitive, market and other appropriate information on a timely basis to the Director of Sales and other key leaders in the business unit.
- Analyzing potential partners for strategic relationships where needed.
- Must be able to demonstrate outstanding time management skills.
- Driving conquest business and improving market share will be a focus.
- Assisting with service and warranty compliance during and after the sale.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3 years of outside territory sales experience.
- Experience in the refrigerated truck and trailer or vocational truck equipment industries is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including skills in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Able to learn, retain and apply product specific information to advise customers on product selections and requirements.
- Should expect to work at high speed independently or collaboratively.
- Experience working in SalesForce.com CRM system.
- The position will require travel to customers and future prospect sites in the U.S.
- This role is an outside based sales position which will require the successful candidate to live within the assigned region.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Marketing or related field, or extensive practical experience (10+ years) of Business Development, Sales, Marketing, or related experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Moderate to frequent travel as dictated by regional demands.
- Work occurs primarily between office and field. However, responsibilities will require time to be spent on the manufacturing floor and/or other manufacturing or up-fit facility environments either company owned or third party.
- Reaching, gripping, standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting, walking and lifting up to 50 pounds, as needed, for customer interactions and vocational trade shows.
*Safe Fleet does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.