The Video Product Sales Specialist is responsible for managing strategic customer accounts, maximizing all opportunities for sales within the accounts and creating a positive customer experience. Responsibilities also include cultivating, managing and selling key and target commercial vehicle accounts and building relationships with influencers and decision maker’s. This position, reporting to the Inside Sales Manager, will primarily support Safe Fleet Commercial Vehicle vertical but may also assist in other departments as the Video/Camera expert.
As the Video Product Sales Specialist, you will combine aspects of your knowledge of the video/camera market with your business development, market research and sales procurement abilities to drive increased revenue and profit for Safe Fleet, Commercial Vehicle. This critical position will require the need to interface extensively with external OEM’s, customers, industry participants and the Safe Fleet team.
Our vision is to build the leading global provider of safety solutions for fleet vehicles.
We develop, manufacture and sell best in class high performance safety related products. Our products provide increased functionality and integrated solutions for fleet vehicle manufacturers and operators.
We target markets with increasing demand for operator, passenger and pedestrian safety.
We must strive for pioneering attitude and a focused commitment to innovation in all we do.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain relationships with national or and major fleet accounts, fleet management companies, and leasing companies.
- Utilize Safe Fleet’s Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE) high performance selling funnel and pipeline approach.
- Communicate with customers on a regular basis via phone, email, and in person meetings.
- Respond to specific customer inquiries, requests and problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Research markets, channels, customers, and competitors to generate strategies to enhance company revenue and profit.
- Create value solutions and innovative ideas to meet customer needs, requirements and provide measureable impact.
- Work with Engineering to develop custom product solutions that isolate the competition from specification compliance.
- Act as a liaison and voice of customer (VOC) between key customers and internal teams.
- Assist with service and warranty compliance during and after the sale.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the competitive landscape, including product offerings, pricing, organization, locations, marketing messages and strategies, services, etc. and information on a timely basis.
- Achieve assigned Safe Fleet Commercial Vehicle strategic account objectives and metrics.
- Contract negotiation.
- Identify and engage new potential strategic customer prospects.
- Drive conquest business and improve customer/market share by qualifying and closing on new customer opportunities.
- Monitor and maintain sales performance metrics independently as well as in Salesforce.com CRM system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong negotiation skills with problem-solving attitude.
- Able to analyze market data to identify trends/opportunities, develop independent strategic direction from market information, and create compelling solution presentations.
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize among competing priorities.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate outstanding time management skills.
- Able to work at a fast pace either independently or collaboratively.
- Proven work experience in the Commercial Vehicle Video/Camera sector and a proven, successful, track record as a sales or service specialist.
- Solid sales experience in a B2B environment.
- Hands on experience with Salesforce.com CRM system.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Must be capable of presenting information and responding to inquiries from internal/external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including skills in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- This position may require travel to customer and prospect sites in the U.S. and Canada.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred or practical experience (3+ years) of Sales or Service in the vehicle video/camera industry or related experience
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate to frequent travel as dictated by regional demands.
- Work occurs primarily between office and field. However, responsibilities will require time to be spent on the manufacturing floor and/or other manufacturing or up-fit facility environments either company owned or third party.
OR Submit resume to: TBrown@safefleet.net