|The System Electrical and Software Engineer will lead the development, specification, and integration of the embedded software at the heart of the electro-mechanical systems in Roll Rite Tarp Systems. This role is responsible for development activities concerned with the software design, coding, testing, and analysis of embedded control software throughout the entire product life cycle along with development of software tools used for field service, calibration and analysis of electro-mechanical systems.|
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
|· Development, design, and testing of embedded control software for electromechanical systems and sub-systems
· Develop software sub-system requirements and technical specifications based on system requirements.
· Assist in the development of test environments and test procedures for electromechanical sub-systems
· Maintain technical relationships with suppliers of integrated EE/EEC components and sub-systems
· Maintain design engineering, and verification/validation records.
|· Well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with others while also engaging in active listening.
· Ability to convey information accurately and effectively so that others are able to understand.
· Ability to motivate, prioritize, and organize in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· Must be a self-starter, organized, independent, and capable of dealing with high volume of interactions with a broad cross-section of the company.
· Ability to successfully and effectively prioritize multiple activities.
· Detail orientated. Desire to succeed with minimal direct supervision.
· Positive & proactive attitude with ability to address issues, follow up and implement solutions as required.
· Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization and with end users
· Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
· 3-5 years of direct engineering experience in embedded software applications
· Experience with Embedded Software Development in C/C++
· Experience in Product Development in Automotive, Commercial Truck, Truck Equipment Manufacturing, Heavy Industrial Machinery, or Equivalent Industrial Applications
· Familiarity with embedded control hardware and design
· Familiarity with CAN communication networks
· Experience with Matlab/Simulink and Autocode generation
· Failure Modes Effects and Analysis (FMEA)
· Familiarity with ISO26262
· Problem Solving using 8D or related process
· Verification, Validation, and Reporting Process (DVP&R)
· Knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE) supporting design trade-off and optimization
· System Engineering using V-Methodology
· Knowledge of Engineering Change Control
· Knowledge of DC Motor and Motor Control Applications
· Knowledge and Experience in DC Electrical Systems on Vehicle Chassis
· Ability to hear alarms on equipment and instructions from supervisory staff
· Regular work environment (2/3 or more of time):
Test Laboratory setting with moderate noise level
· Occasionally work environment (up to 1/3 of time):
Test evaluation on location of commercial truck, mining, and agriculture applications
Near moving mechanical parts
Areas with vibration
Fumes or airborne particles (dust)
High noise level areas
· Up to 25% travel may be required
· Expected to work 40-plus hours’ weekly
Typically, office hours are worked between the hours of 8AM and 5PM Monday through Friday
Work hours requirements will vary with business needs
How to Apply:
Please <<Apply Here>>
OR – submit your resume via email to Terry Brown at email@example.com