The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst conceptualizes, designs, and produces visually compelling business intelligence (BI) analytics and reporting solutions using reporting tools, applications, and queries or scripts. These applications provide leaders and associates with business insights for critical decision making. This position is typically responsible for the entire life cycle of complex projects. This position responds to abstract business issues and needs with comprehensive solutions that may influence both business intelligence and business processes. The Senior BI Analyst interfaces with various functional teams (C-Level/Operations/Finance/IT) as required supporting the BI solution delivery. The Senior BI Analyst is a seasoned, experienced associate who demonstrates high-level analytical and database proficiency.. This position is expected to work independently and receive minimal guidance on work assignments. The assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, and analyze reports to measure utilization, cost data, and performance metrics
- Develop technical solutions needed in order to provide an effective and efficient data and analysis solution that can support the business.
- Develop and maintain financial reconciliation reporting.
- Collaborate regularly with various teams, including Finance, Accounting, and Purchasing.
- Review and validate customer and vendor data as it is collected.
- Oversee the deployment of data to the data warehouse and develop policies and procedures for the collection and utilization of data.
- Display strong communication skills to solicit the requirements and communicate with non-technical business stakeholders effectively.
- Expand knowledge of Business Intelligence to provide ongoing refinement of processes to improve operations
- Drive the behavior of the business to use data and tools.
- Own responsibility for the governance (standards and documentation) of solutions developed.
- Articulate the implications of complex data.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Strong experience with SQL, creating and altering views, functions and stored procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Economics, MIS, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar field.
- Effective communication skills (written and interpersonal).
- 5 years or more BI Tool experience required (Einstein Analytics, Cognos, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Tableau, Excel, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Excel functions and formula writing, including lookups and custom calculations.
- Significant work experience in Dashboard/Data Visualization Applications (Tableau, Qlikview, Domo, etc.).
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to understand business and technical functions, process information quickly, and assess impacts to data elements.
- Possess highly developed interpersonal skills to build strong positive business relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Proven experience as a collaborative team player.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience documenting technical processes.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit or walk and occasionally lift up to 25lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Safe Fleet does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.