The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for the retention and growth of currently assigned distributor accounts in the specified region. The RSM would also be responsible for cultivating new distributors in under served markets; prospecting regional fleets and end-user accounts, and developing new market areas. The RSM holds a position to capture revenue growth, enhanced profitability and increased customer satisfaction and loyalty stimulating repeat procurement of our products. This critical position will be required to interface extensively with customer service, operations and the entire Safe Fleet leadership team. The RSM will purvey the entire portfolio of Safe Fleet products that are tied to the vertical of the Commercial Vehicle Division. The RSM will also be responsible for administering Salesforce.com (SFDC) in his/her area of sales responsibility for Safe Fleet.
It is important that the Safe Fleet brand image is carried out through all duties and responsibilities. We are a company that enhances the safety and productivity of drivers, passengers and pedestrians.
Our vision is to build the leading global provider of safety solutions for fleet vehicles.
We develop, manufacture and sell best in class high performance safety related products. Our products provide increased functionality and integrated solutions for fleet vehicle manufacturers and operators.
We target markets with increasing demand for operator, passenger and pedestrian safety.
We must strive for pioneering attitude and a focused commitment to innovation in all we do.
You must be able to work independently but also will work as part of a cross-functional team. This extends into increasing the profitability of products by assisting the commercial product vertical with vocational package direction and solutions whenever possible.
Communication skills will need to be a natural for the Regional Sales Manager. You as the employee must be able to communicate with all areas of the company, from the plant floor to marketing, from engineering to product management, from your sales colleagues and finance to your executive teammates.
As with all employees you will also serve as an internal and external evangelist for the Safe Fleet brand.
- For every active Distributor within the area or responsibility (ASR), create and manage an annual Distributor Business Plan using the Safe Fleet template. The annual Business Plan will establish clear and measurable growth goals for each account and create a road map to meet and/or exceed the Distribution sales objectives.
- Develop and continuously refine a revenue forecast and sales funnel pipeline via Salesforce.com for the territory; to support business unit forecasting and the Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process
- Adding new customers to the distribution model not only in under served markets but also in markets where multiple distributors are justified will be a focus. This duty would also potentially include the de-proliferation of under performing distributors.
- A hunter and cultivator of sales opportunities with end-users and regional fleets
- Communicating and working with Engineering to develop custom product solutions that isolate the competition from specification compliance.
- Cultivating sales opportunities beyond the current portfolio by identifying and assisting in the creation of vocational solutions that are attractive to the end-user.
- Generating ideas to improve internal and external processes to achieve higher performance in safety, quality, delivery, or cost for internal resources or the external customer.
- Balancing customer requests versus internal capabilities to ensure that unreasonable expectations for cost, lead-time, etc. are not promised to the customer.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the competitive landscape, including product offerings, locations, marketing messages, services, etc. and communicate competitive, market and other appropriate information on a timely basis to the Director of Sales and other key leaders in the business unit.
- Analyzing potential partners for strategic relationships where needed.
- Must be able to demonstrate outstanding time management skills.
- Driving conquest business and improving market share will be a focus.
- Assisting with service and warranty compliance during and after the sale.
- Sales funnel pipeline visibility through the use of Salesforce.com
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Marketing or related field, or extensive practical experience (10+ years) of Business Development, Sales, Marketing, or related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of outside territory sales experience.
- Experience in the vocational truck equipment industry is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including skills in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Ability to learn, retain and apply product specific information to advise customers on product selections and requirements.
- Should expect to work at high speed independently or collaboratively.
- Experience working in SalesForce.com CRM system.
- The position will require travel to customers and future prospect sites in the U.S.
- This role covers a large section of the Central United States
- Moderate to frequent travel as dictated by regional demands, via the most effective financial means.
- Work occurs primarily between office and field.
- However, responsibilities will require time to be spent on the manufacturing floor and/or other manufacturing or up-fit facility environments either company owned or third party.
How to Apply:
Please <<Apply Here>>
OR – submit your resume via email to Terry Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Fleet does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.