The Production Supervisor will plan, organize, coordinate and control the activities of the production/assembly department. This position should have the following priorities: safety, quality and on-time and efficient production. This position must work closely with most other functions including Manufacturing, Customer Service, Shipping, Engineering and Purchasing. This is a hands-on supervisory as well as production worker role and will work side by side with direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor the flow of orders, parts inventory and human resources to meet on-time shipping goals, quality expectations and optimize labor productivity, equipment and space utilization.
- Ensure that new and temporary employees are properly trained for their job.
- Ensure production equipment is adequately maintained as required to accomplish production goals.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and any other Safety and regulatory requirements.
- Implement and/or execute Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Kan Ban, 5S, Root Cause Analysis and mistake proofing initiatives. Responsible for Continuous Improvement.
- Responsible for handling employee disciplinary issues, monitor employee attendance records and perform annual employee appraisals.
- Responsible for reporting to Human Resources, complaints involving harassment, violence, discrimination, time and attendance and/or other workplace rules and/or policy violations.
- Communicates with sales, purchasing, production/shop, engineering, and shipping/receiving as needed.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
- Operations Management and post high school degree is preferred.
- 5 years’ hands-on Supervisory experience in a multi-product, fast paced manufacturing or assembly environment.
- ERP knowledge and experience, Syteline preferred.
- Proven skills leading employees in dependability, reliability, responsibility, safety, quality, efficiency and respect.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach others with effective oral and written communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to assimilate and train new tasks, processes and procedures.
- Training in Safety, Quality, and Lean Manufacturing.
- Thorough knowledge of reading work instructions and part specification sheets.
- Proficient English (reading/writing)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand
- This position may require the lifting and moving of objects and packages of unusual size and dimensions that may weigh in excess of 40 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while on, or near, the production floor
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet, cold and/or humid conditions
HOW TO APPLY:
Please <<Apply Here>>
OR – submit your resume via email to Terry Brown at email@example.com