The Product Designer will provide Safe Fleet Bus and Rail with detailed design and development of mechanical/ electrical products for the Bus and Rail industries. This role will work in close collaboration with other departments to drive the conception, design and development of key products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creation and maintenance of engineering documentation for the production of sheet metal type products related to bus or rail interiors.
- Utilize robust project management tools that enable effective product launch through all phases of the product development and integration stages.
- Sufficiently interface with customers and suppliers in order to develop working knowledge of products and processes
- Use working knowledge of customers and suppliers to develop design concepts into marketable products which may be modified to specific customer usage
- Support company profit goals by demonstrating a sound knowledge of engineering methods enabling improved designs that improve material utilization or improve manufacturing throughput.
- Display working proficiency of related CAD software and other company directed software.
- Accurately develop and sustain multilevel BOM structures for use in ERP system.
- Provide direct project support as assigned for new projects and meet all customer and internal time lines through the effective use of engineering and project management tools.
- Performs other related tasks assigned by the Engineering Manager and/or Product Manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Maintain high standard despite pressing deadlines. Ensuring the job is completed correctly the first time while producing accurate, thorough and professional work.
- Strong sense of customer service with the commitment to exceed the customer’s expectations by responding to customer questions and/or problems with quick and effective resolutions as well as maintaining a “team approach” relationship.
- Creating and maintain a harmonious relationship with suppliers to assure knowledge is shared with the organization from all aspects and react to information accordingly.
- This position must be able to communicate at all levels and in all departments of the company. He/she must demonstrate a mature and professional acceptance and handling of responsibilities. There must be an unquenchable desire to succeed with minimal direct supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree (AS) in engineering or equivalent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong experience in engineering software packages, design processes, organizational methods, project management / planning and cost analysis. AutoCAD, Inventor or Solidworks experience is beneficial.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, or stand; Reach with hands and arms; Talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and lift up to 50lbs.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles; and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
- The individual, at times, may be required to wear proper PPE to perform job functions in the production or testing environments.
How to Apply:
Please <<Apply Here>>
OR – submit your resume via email to Terry Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org