- The Operations Manager will actively demonstrate and drive the use of robust operational processes and documentation by:
- Develop, implement and manage the operating budget and manufacturing plan which meets the total cost, quality and delivery needs of our customer
- Provide a high level of planning to insure manpower, schedule, cost, quality and productivity measurements are met
- Lead cost reduction initiatives, focusing on labor, material and overhead. Work with engineering and direct labor teams to engineer cost-out of our product
- Work closely with the workforce to reinforce positive employee relations and to improve overall business communications
- Lead Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives to eliminate waste, improve process flow and reduce lead-times
- Develop and implement effective process quality plans to ensure an acceptable level of quality is built into the product
- Facilitate team meetings, communicate issues and concerns to others on the team
- Work to provide a safe and healthy work environment for all employees
- Communicate the requirements of both external and internal customers and coordinate the operating team’s needs with the needs of the other functions to support the overall company goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10 years manufacturing management experience required
- Must possess a sound understanding of manufacturing processes including metal fabrication, painting and coating as well as low volume, high mix assembly
- Experience operating in an ERP environment, including MRP, rough cut capacity planning and production planning and scheduling
- Hands on experience using Lean Manufacturing tools and implementing Continuous Improvement plans on the factory floor highly desired
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to lead through coaching and motivating and must inspire the trust of subordinates
- Leadership – Leads by example; demonstrates a high level of team building ability
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
- Organizational Support – Follows Safe Fleet’s policies and procedures
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- This position is located in a manufacturing plant which requires safety shoes and other personal protective equipment when on the plant floor. Primary duties will be in an Office Environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud in production areas.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
- The individual, at times, may be required to wear proper PPE to perform job functions in the production or testing environments.
How to Apply:
Please <<Apply Here>>
OR – submit your resume via email to Terry Brown at email@example.com