The Mechanical Design Engineer will work with other engineers and internal company personnel to define product specifications, develop conceptual and final design solutions, manage and coordinate project activities, support existing product offerings, and perform testing/analysis and implementation of new and existing products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead mechanical product design including product specifications, material selection, CAD design, and detailed product drawings.
- Design, implement and test new products to achieve desired results / performance / manufacturability.
- Interface effectively with manufacturing, marketing, and customers to ensure implementation success.
- Interface with other company departments to ensure effective communications of new product development and continuing engineering activities,
- Assists with developing and implementing productivity improvement projects that support Lean initiatives.
- Other duties as requested.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering OR 2 Year Degree and equivalent experience.
- Previous Engineering experience in a manufacturing assembly environment is preferred.
- Technical skill and knowledge of mechanical engineering, design / drafting, and tolerancing.
- Design knowledge / awareness of injection molding / castings / extrusions is preferred.
- Strong 3D design background / proficiency. Prefer Solidworks.
- Test and analysis experience including design of test plans, implementation / execution, reporting, and failure analysis.
- Project management experience including developing project plans, tracking project progress, expediting external action items.
- Knowledge in: PQP / PPAP, ERP systems, CAD vault systems, sheet metal design, basic machining, and welding.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple activities simultaneously and successfully function in a cross functional manufacturing environment.
- Training in Lean Manufacturing, Safety and Quality.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English plus have adequate hearing and visual acuity.
- Working environment is in an air-conditioned cubical with occasionally physically going into an unheated/air conditioned manufacturing/warehouse setting.
- Good communication skills are required in addition to understanding verbal and written instruction.
- Must handle multiple tasks and perform effectively in a fast paced work environment.
- Must be able to climb ladders, work outside, operate basic hand tools, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional domestic travel required.
*Safe Fleet does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Send you resume to: TBrown@safefleet.net