The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. This role partners with others to recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls. Works with Senior Engineering Partners to coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Priorities include process improvement, problem resolution and project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes, including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment;
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment;
- Assists in the coordination of the manufacturing launch of new/revised products, including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results;
- Designs, develops, tests or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods;
- Creates and maintains job elements sheets and standard work sheets;
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency improvement;
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams;
- Supports lean manufacturing initiatives including cost reductions and productivity improvements.
- Assists with the planning, implementation and management of program regarding occupational health and safety.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
B.S. degree from a four-year college or university in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, etc.), equivalent experience and demonstrated knowledge, OR a current student in an accredited Engineering Program, willing to work Part-Time until graduation with knowledge of:
- Process improvement skills;
- Material flows;
- Lean manufacturing knowledge;
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Interpersonal skills to work with others;
- Cell layout experience;
- Microsoft Office experience;
- Auto CAD experience;
- Self-starter requiring minimal direction.
- Environmental and Occupational Health Safety
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English plus have adequate hearing and visual acuity.
- Working environment is in an air-conditioned cubical with occasionally physically going into an unheated/air conditioned manufacturing/warehouse setting.
- Safety glasses with side shields are required in the production area.
- Must effectively communicate on the telephone while entering data on computer.
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and carrying up to 50 lbs., standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting and walking in addition to being seated a good portion of the day.
- Good communication skills are required in addition to understanding verbal and written instruction.
- Must handle multiple tasks and perform effectively in a fast paced work environment.
How to Apply:
Please <<Apply Here>>
OR – submit your resume via email to Terry Brown at email@example.com