The IT Helpdesk Support Technician is a curious, facilitative professional who is responsible for providing end-user technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software. This important role responds to queries from Safe Fleet company employees and management, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solution.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Write training manuals and document procedures and processes.
- Set up and assist new computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems including monitoring and assuring data and virus protection is up to date.
- Respond to email messages from customers/employees seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk employees through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers for re-use and store data according to company policy and procedures.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers/employees to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers/employees about computer usage.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience with advanced training/certification
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy on company-supported programs
- Previous experience in ERP and CRM systems (Infor Syteline, Expandable, NetSuite, Salesforce, Tableau) a plus
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2016, and Office 365
- Spiceworks Helpdesk software
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English plus have adequate hearing and visual acuity
- Must be able to effectively communicate on the telephone while entering data on computer
- Good communication skills are required in addition to understanding verbal and written instruction
- Must handle multiple tasks and perform effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and to adjust to changing priorities
- Knowledge of commonly used IT concepts, practices, and nomenclature
- Proper time allocation and prioritization of support issues to allow timely response and solutions
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously, but also able to recognize when assistance from other resources is required
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in stressful situations and to maintain composure and sense of humor in the face of heavy workload/continual interruptions
- Ability to show respect to other cultures and to work in a culturally diverse environment
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Working environment is in an air-conditioned cubical with occasionally physically going into an unheated/air conditioned manufacturing/warehouse setting
- Safety glasses with side shields and safety footwear are required in the production area (company provided)
- Position requires the ability to reach, stoop, and crawl in order to diagnose and install hardware and machinery
- Position requires being seated for long periods of time
*Safe Fleet does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Submit resume to: TBrown@safefleet.net