The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for sales operations, support of our customers and our sales team as well as pre-sale, point-of-sale, and post-sale at our Elmhurst, IL location. This multi-aspect role encompasses Sales, Sales Management, Leadership and Coaching of our Sales and Customer Service Coordinators. This role also acts as a liaison with Operational functions including Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Production, and Shipping to create and drive the Safe Fleet experience. This position reports to the Director of Sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following;
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Safe Fleet’s product offerings and systems
- Plan, manage, organize, coordinate execute internal sales, processes, initiatives and projects
- Prioritize and delegate work tasks to ensure proper workflow for the Sales Coordinators
- Hire, train, and develop Sales and Customer Service Coordinators, along with conducting regularly spaced career development and performance evaluations
- Champion the development of leadership competencies that drive individual and team sales goals
- Assist Territory Sales Managers (TSM) and National Account Managers (NAM) in the identification, acquisition, and retention of customers
- Build relationships and conduct conversations with multiple decision makers within our customers’ organizations in order to maximize opportunities to provide information regarding Safe Fleets product portfolio
- Pursue new market and business opportunities and develop a portfolio of clients by positioning Safe Fleet as the premier Safety Solutions Provider
- Provide customers with established pricing upon request and partner with Product Managers, Territory Managers, and Finance to establish make-to-order and custom pricing upon request
- Utilize key Safe Fleet metrics to evaluate and recommend best practices for Operations and Sales
- Execute formal RFQ’s and assist with quotation generation and maintenance of assigned accounts
- Process orders and related transactions via the Safe Fleet ERP system (Syteline) in a timely manner without sacrificing accuracy
- Follow up on customer inquiries that cannot be resolved immediately and respond to customer requirements providing updates related to due dates or product availability
- Maintain responsibility for customer account maintenance, retaining accurate documentation on all interactions and file customer order documents
- Review customer complaints and track customer complaint resolution, along with identification of opportunities for continuous improvement training
- Meet customer and shipment metrics, including time to fill, expediting orders, and quoting
- Maintain the highest level customer satisfaction by handling complex and escalated customer service issues with knowledge and positivity
- Create a positive, dynamic, and fun work environment, and ensure that customer relations are maintained at the highest level
- Travel up to 10-15%
Directly manage employees in the Elmhurst, IL Sales and Service Operations. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Uphold processes for Payroll, attendance, planned time-off approval, and all applicable Safe Fleet Handbook policies.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Read, analyze and interpret general business data, KPI’s and reports.
- Proficient on Excel, spreadsheets, and data manipulation
- Detail-oriented with solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, presentation, communication and customer service skills.
- Strong Written and oral communication
- Professional and team oriented
- Motivational leader with project management experience, and mentoring abilities
- Ability to develop a customer strategy by understanding the status quo, using data, and identifying defined challenges
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of experience of industry related sales experience and sales management
- Sales experience in the Truck and Trailer industry, preferable Refrigerated Trailers or Refrigerated Solutions
- Technical and mechanical aptitude and capabilities, including reading engineering drawings
- Strong supervisory leadership experience with solid team building skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Microsoft Office
- Internet based software
- Order Processing software/ERP systems Syteline preferred
- Computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn our ordering system
- Time, attendance and payroll processing software
- In-depth knowledge of customer service software, data bases, and CRM tools
- Salesforce.com experience, a plus
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and carrying up to 10 pounds, standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting and walking in addition to being seated a good portion of the day.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English plus have adequate hearing and visual acuity.
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- Customer Service is located in a manufacturing plant, which requires safety shoes and other personal protective equipment when on the plant floor. Primary duties will be in an office environment.
- May be exposed to dust, odors, oils, cleaning solvents and lubricants in a non-temperature controlled environment when on the plant floor.
- This position requires limited travel to support customers, attend Safe Fleet meetings, or attend trade shows.
*Safe Fleet does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Email Resume to TBrown@safefleet.net