In this role, you will use your Human Resources expertise to provide leadership and support to all levels of the organization. You will be responsible for providing a full range of HR services including but not limited to: payroll processing, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, employment law compliance, and safety. This position requires an individual who will display a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion. This role supports all day-to-day Human Resources responsibilities as the site Human Resources Leader.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Identifies and implements strategies for business-unit specific challenges in the areas of employee attraction, engagement, retention, change management, and identifying/developing talent
- Establishes recruiting requirements by setting organizational plans and objectives, meeting with managers to discuss needs
- Works closely with management and employees to enhance work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Manages employee on-boarding and off boarding process.
- Utilizes the ADP HRIS system (payroll, benefits, time and attendance) daily to manage payroll, on-boarding/off-boarding, compensation, and leaves of absences.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Responsible for administering plant policies and procedures and ensuring their implementation
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Responsible for administering and monitoring site safety and OSHA compliance programs and serves as an active participant of the safety committee.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for local compensation and benefits administration
Education, experience, and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or at least five years of experience as a human resource generalist.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement processes or best practices in HR.
- Excellent functional knowledge of employment laws, DOL, EEOC, and OSHA regulations.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment highly preferred.
- Certification as a PHR or SPHR
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task. Comfortable with high volume workload. Willingness to “roll up your sleeves”.
- Bias for action with a desire to achieve excellence.
- Successful in building credible, trusting relationships with a broad array of stakeholders; interacts well with employees at all levels
- Proven ability to communicate with and influence a variety of audiences, including senior and executive leadership
- Work effectively in high-pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability; thrives in a changing and/or fast paced environment
- Self-aware, self-motivated, self-confident individual who is comfortable operating with minimal direction and who thrives in a dynamic environment as a leader influencing change; strives to deliver great results and drive continuous improvement