The Electronic Engineer is responsible for the detailed electrical design, project management and coordination of Safe Fleet products as assigned by the engineering director. This position will primarily support the Bus and Rail Division. This position is primarily responsible for designing and validating product assemblies, sub-assemblies, and components for product development and manufacturing support of Safe Fleet products. Additionally, the role will support Production Operations through proper management of its Product Verification Equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Proficient in PLC programming, schematic design (in 2D/3D CAD), PCB (printed circuit board) design, digital and analog circuits, robotics, hands on repair/ trouble shooting expertise, DC electric motors, electronic solenoids/actuators, and lighting (flashtube and LED technology).
- Experience in design analysis, root cause analysis, product testing, project management, and manufacturing interface.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the latest codes and new developments in testing and examination methods of processes, materials, and products.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Creates and manages BOM’s in conjunction with Engineering Change Order/ Release Management.
- Directs/ manages vendors activities as it relates to project management.
- Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within this particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job.
- No supervisory responsibility.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data;
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images;
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects;
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs (External and Internal);
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests;
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others;
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures;
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently;
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure;
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities;
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position must be able to communicate at all levels and in all departments of the company. He/she must demonstrate a mature and professional acceptance and handling of responsibilities. There must be an unquenchable desire to succeed with minimal direct supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Educational: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years of applicable Electrical Design experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, business reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Strong experience in engineering software packages, design processes, organizational methods, project management / planning and cost analysis.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software as well as electrical design Software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Less than 20%
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles; and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving electro-mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply:
Please <<Apply Here>>
OR – submit your resume via email to Terry Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org