Do you have a strong interest in digging into data to understand trends, tell the story and make recommendations? Safe Fleet is looking for Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Analyst who conceptualizes, designs, and produces visually compelling business intelligence (BI) analytics and reporting solutions using reporting tools, applications, and queries or scripts. These applications provide leaders and associates with business insights for critical decision making. If you are technically-minded, highly detailed and strive for data accuracy, then this position is for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor historical and real-time performances of key metrics to detect report anomalies.
- Review and analyze large datasets from multiple ERP Sources to understand drivers and outliers while maintaining context of big picture.
- Identifies critical connections and patterns in information/data.
- Draws logical conclusions based on in-depth analysis of information.
- Develop and modify reports, verify information integrity and designs BI dashboards, scorecards, charts/graphs, drill-downs, and dynamic reports to meet new information needs.
- Collaborate regularly with various teams, including Finance, Accounting, and Purchasing.
- Review and validate customer and vendor data as it is collected.
- Oversee the deployment of data to the data warehouse and develop policies and procedures for the collection and utilization of data.
- Display strong communication skills to solicit the requirements and communicate with non-technical business stakeholders effectively.
- Expand knowledge of Business Intelligence to provide ongoing refinement of processes to improve operations while creating training material for the reporting tools.
- Educate and train users on best practices.
- Own responsibility for the governance (standards and documentation) of solutions developed.
- Understand the business stakeholders’ objectives, the metrics that are most important to them, and how they measure their performance.
What makes you a great fit? Aside from curiosity, tenaciousness and a can-do attitude we need:
- Moderate experience with SQL, creating and altering views, functions and stored procedures, is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Economics, MIS, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar field.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau.
- Experience with business system analysis or data analytics/business intelligence requirements gathering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to simplify complex concepts and messages to the essential components and deliver effective messages to a wide range of audiences.
- Strong desire to learn and continuously grow the impact of the role.
- Self-starter, well organized, extremely detail-oriented and a highly collaborative team member.
- Experience writing specifications and/or user stories utilizing graphical user interface concepts and process maps that are clear, concise and well organized.
- Highly effective time and project management skills, including ability to coordinate development, testing and implementation.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience documenting technical processes.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit or walk and occasionally lift up to 25lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low or moderate.
Safe Fleet does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Submit resume to: TBrown@safefleet.net