Customer Development Representative-Customer Service
This customer-forward role is an integral part of the sales and customer development departments. As the voice of ROM Corporation, a custom-manufacturing company, you have the ability to build our business by delivering world class customer support with a smile. The ideal candidate will be empowered to learn our product offerings and assist our internal and external customers with their enthusiastic and facilitative nature. Enjoy a casual, laid back environment, great company perks and the best teammates!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary point of contact for customers, interpreting and implementing customer instructions for the company to produce custom manufacturing products
- Communicates with all individuals whose involvement impacts customer communications
- Track shipment status of customer orders
- Represents the company in handling and resolving customers complaints
- Assimilates customer credit information and provide to the Assistant Controller
- Follow up on literature requests from potential customers
- Updates customer records
- Prepares and sends quotes and provides written proposals to customers and potential customers
- Handles customer special price requests and special design requests
- Obtains pertinent information from customers for fabrication of shop drawings and product
- Issues credits, sends order acknowledgements and composes letters to customers and potential customers
- Maintains record of order activity tracking for larger accounts when required
- Interfaces with Territory Managers and VP of Sales
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience in sales, ideally selling a custom manufactured product
- Demonstrated ability to read engineering drawings
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy on company supported programs
- Knowledge of ROM’s Quality Management System
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English plus have adequate hearing and visual acuity.
- Working environment is in an air-conditioned cubical with occasionally physically going into an unheated/air conditioned manufacturing/warehouse setting.
- Safety glasses with side shields are required in the production area.
- Must be able to effectively communicate on the telephone while entering data on computer.
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and carrying up to 50Ibs, standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting and walking in addition to being seated a good portion of the day.
- Good communication skills are required in addition to understanding verbal and written instruction. Must handle multiple tasks and perform effectively in a fast paced work environment.
*Safe Fleet does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.