Become a part of the Safe Fleet team’s proven success by driving Continuous Improvement across our multi-site manufacturing business. Safe Fleet is in the early stages of our Lean Deployment with a solid foundation in place. We are very passionate and committed to Lean with unwavering support from the top down. We are looking for a proven Continuous Improvement Project Manager to join our growing team and accelerate our pace.
This position relies on working relationships with the site leadership team, site manager, and Lean/Continuous Improvement resources company-wide. Focusing those relationships on Lean/Continuous Improvement goals as identified by the Safe Fleet Corporation.
- Plays a central role in best-practice sharing across the entire Safe Fleet manufacturing enterprise
- Provides leadership to the manufacturing location to implement Lean/Continuous Improvement
- Ensures the manufacturing locations stay focused on Lean/Continuous Improvement pillars and utilize Lean/Continuous Improvement tools
- Continuously reviews local plant culture for growth and alignment with Lean/Continuous Improvement objectives. Gives feedback to Safe Fleet Operations management on Lean/Continuous Improvement activities
- Reports progress to local manufacturing plant leadership and Lean/Continuous Improvement
- Provides lean manufacturing and TPS training as well as one-on-one coaching and development of key site CI staff and management
- Accountable to results impacting SQDC KPIs
- Projects leadership, management and facilitation in a positive manner
- Involved in project selection to support strategic initiatives and impact to KPIs
- Creates continuous flow in a HMLV batch and queue environment using Lean and TPS methodologies
- Participates in Lean Deployment strategic planning and execution across the Safe Fleet enterprise
- Seeks out opportunities to improve team member knowledge base. Coordinates training, education programs, and mentoring relationships. Focuses on identified Lean/Continuous Improvement Tools
- Establishes and continuously benchmarks against KPIs that are focused on the core Lean/Continuous Improvement objectives
- Progressive experience in manufacturing, including roles cross functional teams
- Experience working with Lean Deployment across multi-site manufacturing company preferred
- Operational management experience preferred with responsibility for key metrics; Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Expert in Lean Manufacturing/TPS
- Innovative and collaborative leadership style with a roll up your sleeves attitude
- Demonstrated project management skills on cross functional initiatives
- Experience working with operators through manufacturing engineers and managers
- Proven ability to drive continued reduction in lead times in a low volume, high mix manufacturing environment
- Hands on experience with work cell layout and improved material flow
- Experience implementing visual factory and accountability management communication boards
- Experience in root cause analysis
- Demonstrated ability to use data for creative problem solving
- Change management experience, proven success in working with people in a change program.
- Creativity in developing new ways of working / methodology
- Solid analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, clear communicator, and demonstrated relationship building skills. Ability to function through influence in the absence of having positional authority
- Able to take a leadership role in driving change
- Detail-Oriented with Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Microsoft Office Applications Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Projects, etc.
Education and Training:
- 10-15 years’ experience in Manufacturing or related field with a minimum of 5 years’ supervisory/training experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in a technical or engineering field strongly preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing training and certifications.
- Six Sigma Certification.
- The position will be 50%+ travel depending upon home base location.
*Safe Fleet does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.
OR Submit your resume to: TBrown@safefleet.net