The primary responsibilities are for the detailed design and development of mechanical/ electrical products for the Bus and Rail industries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creation and maintenance of engineering documentation for the production of sheet metal type products related to bus or rail interiors.
- Utilize robust project management tools that enable effective product launch through all phases of the product development and integration stages.
- Sufficiently interface with customers and suppliers in order to develop working knowledge of products and processes
- Use working knowledge of customers and suppliers to develop design concepts into marketable products which may be modified to specific customer usage
- Support company profit goals by demonstrating a sound knowledge of engineering methods enabling improved designs that improve material utilization or improve manufacturing throughput.
- Display working proficiency of related CAD software and other company directed software.
- Accurately develop and sustain multilevel BOM structures for use in ERP system.
- Provide direct project support as assigned for new projects and meet all customer and internal time lines through the effective use of engineering and project management tools.
- Performs other related tasks assigned by the Engineering Manager and/or Product Manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Maintain high standard despite pressing deadlines. Ensuring the job is completed correctly the first time while producing accurate, thorough and professional work.
- Strong sense of customer service with the commitment to exceed the customer's expectations by responding to customer questions and/or problems with quick and effective resolutions as well as maintaining a "team approach" relationship.
- Creating and maintain a harmonious relationship with suppliers to assure knowledge is shared with the organization from all aspects and react to information accordingly.
- This position must be able to communicate at all levels and in all departments of the company. He/she must demonstrate a mature and professional acceptance and handling of responsibilities. There must be an unquenchable desire to succeed with minimal direct supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree (AS) in engineering or equivalent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong experience in engineering software packages, design processes, organizational methods, project management / planning and cost analysis. AutoCAD, Inventor or Solidworks experience is beneficial.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, or stand; Reach with hands and arms; Talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and lift up to 50lbs.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles; and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
- The individual, at times, may be required to wear proper PPE to perform job functions in the production or testing environments.
HOW TO APPLY: